The unfortunate thing about learning science at home is that we don’t have the cool science equipment readily at hand. Check out YouTube for cool science experiments that you can do at home.
As with all learning, try to make it fun. Keep track of the lessons learned on your child’s learning log. Check for understanding and talk to your child about what they have learned.
Here are some online resources:
- Science and Math: Legends of Learning (“Games that Give You Super Powers”). It’s free to set up an account.
- Mystery Science
- MPS Online Learning
- Khan Academy Science and Engineering Courses
- PBS Parents: Science for Kids- activities to do at home
- PBS Science Games for Kids
- Reading Rockets- Literacy in the Sciences